Looking for Material to Post!
Critical Interactionism draws upon a diverse range of interactionist approaches to study social behavior in naturally occurring settings.
I am a sociologist trained in symbolic interactiionism, ethnomethodology / conversation analysis, and the work of erving Goffman, and tend to highlight these traditions.
I am looking for quality research and theory to post, especially new and current work work. Feel free to send me material at:
I cannot promise to post anything, but will seriously look at all things sent to me.
I am especially interested in works that explore:
(1) issues concerned with how power, domination, hierarchy are accomplished in everyday life;
(2) issues concerned with how "social structures" are reproduced through situated actions, and / or the micro / macro link;
(3) how "modernity" is done through social interaction;
(4) issues of gender, ethnicity, class, race and other categories of difference and how they shape or are shaped by social interactions;
(5) reflexivity and self-reflexivity;
(6) praxis and habitus
(7) bourdieu, latour, Castoriadis, Actor-Network Theory, Technomethodology, Social Practice Theory;
(8) Critical Discourse Analysis, Institutional Ethnography (Dorothy E. Smith), Autoethnography, Interpretive Ethnography
Thank you for your support!